Red Bank Baptist Church is a multi-generational church located in the Red Bank community of Chattanooga. We have a rich history of being a lighthouse in our community for over 100 years. We are a caring congregation who wants you to discover the joy that we share when we come together to worship God in spirit and in truth. As a church, we exist as followers of Jesus to connect people to Jesus. We desire to see individuals encounter Christ through worship, equip them to be faithful disciples of Christ, and engage them as leaders to the nations for the glory of God. If you are planning to visit us soon, scroll down for important tips to help you find your way around and know what to expect.
Sunday LIFE3 Groups - 9:30AM
Wednesday Activities - 6:00PM
Red Bank Baptist Church is located at 4000 Dayton Boulevard. As you make your way onto our campus, please look for our guest parking located at the corner of Bank Street and Dayton Boulevard (across from First Tennessee Bank). On Sunday mornings, our parking lot greeters will assist you in locating our Worship Center and/or one of our welcome centers.
In 1984, my dad, mom, brother, unborn sister, and I were in a terrible car accident. My dad was killed instantly. The rest of my family survived. With the hand of God’s grace leading her, my mother raised her three children. We regularly attended the local United Methodist church in Crystal Springs, Mississippi.
At the age of 21, I attended a service at a local Baptist church and listened to the preaching of God’s Word. For the first time, God stirred my heart to the reality of sin. For the first time, I realized that my sin separated me from God. I wanted to respond but I was terrified. The next morning I called my aunt and she called her pastor. In my aunt’s living room, I listened to the pastor tell me some good news. In fact, he shared with me THE good news! He told me that God loved me so much that He sent His Son Jesus to die on the cross in my place. He told me that Jesus was buried but God raised Him from the dead. With bended knee and bowed heart, I cried out to God placing my trust and faith in His Son Jesus Christ alone.
At the age of 27, I married my God-given wife Tonya. We moved to Richland, Mississippi where we became members of First Baptist Church Richland. We began teaching a young adult Sunday School class. Then, we began serving on the missions committee. Eventually, we found ourselves on the other side of the world on a short-term mission trip to Myanmar.
At the age of 29, on that mission trip to Myanmar, I surrendered to the call of God on my life to serve Him in vocational ministry. When this event occurred, I just knew God called Tonya and me to serve as International Mission Board missionaries to the Bhama people group in Myanmar. Tonya said, “I didn’t hear that phone ring!” So, we returned to Richland and God gave me an opportunity to preach (for the first time) in a local church. Immediately, I knew God had called me to preach and pastor in the local church. In obedience, Tonya and I stepped out in faith and moved to New Orleans to go to seminary. From 2004 to 2012, I served in two churches while earning a Masters of Divinity in Expository Preaching, a Masters of Theology, and pursuing a PhD in Preaching. I completed my PhD in May of 2014 while serving as pastor of Red Bank Baptist Church.
WHAT IS OUR PURPOSE?
We exist as followers of Jesus to connect people to Jesus.
WHAT IS OUR PASSION?
We desire to share the good news of Jesus with Chattanooga, Hamilton County and beyond.
WHAT IS OUR PRACTICE?
We accomplish this by…
- Encountering God as True Worshippers
- Equipping the Church as Disciple Makers
- Engaging the World as Personal Witnesses
WHAT ARE OUR PRINCIPLES?
We value being…
- Biblical - declaring truth
- Authentic - sharing hope
- Global - reaching people
Great question! In fact, the answer to this question can be found in John 3:16!
The Creator brought life with no end!
God loves you so much that He created you in His own image for His purpose.
“In the beginning was the Word... He was in
the beginning with God. All things were made
through Him, and without Him was not anything
made that was made. In Him was life,
and the life was the light of men.”
The Act brought death with no end!
Just like all of humanity, you have sinned by turning from God’s purpose to your own purpose.
Your sin has separated you from God. You will perish in your sin.
“Behold, the Lamb of God, who takes away the
sin of the world!”
The Savior brought death to an end!
God gave His only Son to die on the cross in your place for your sin.
When Jesus rose from the grave, He overcame the penalty of your sin: death
“For God did not send his Son into the world to
condemn the world, but in order that the world
might be saved through Him.”
The Turn brings life with no end!
If you will turn from trusting in yourself and commit to trust in Jesus, then you will not
perish but you will have eternal life.
“But to all who did receive Him, who believed in
His name, he gave the right to become
children of God.”
“But these are written so that you may believe
that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God,
and that by believing you may have life in
If you turn from your sin and put your trust in Christ alone, then your journey begins immediately.
- Tell someone about your decision! Right now. Call someone. Call anyone. Call us. We would love to talk with you about your new life and walk with Jesus.
- Find a church home! Find a Bible-believing, Bible-teaching, and Bible-preaching church home! It is crucial that you get plugged in with a group of people who are walking with Jesus.
- Begin a Bible reading plan! Start today. Set aside a time each day that you can read the Bible. Don’t try to start at the beginning of the Bible and read all the way through. Start with the book of John. John is located after the books of Matthew, Mark, and Luke in the New Testament.
- Join a small group! Get plugged into a Sunday School class or Bible study class at your church.
- Pray! Prayer is simply listening to God and talking to God. God loves you. He wants you to know Him better. Use prayer to tell God about your day, your troubles, your questions, and your desires. Then, listen to God to hear His desires, His direction, and where you fit into His plan.
- Be baptized! Baptism is the public act of identifying yourself as a Christ follower and identifying yourself with Christ’s church. Jesus commanded His followers be baptized.